November General Election results are available on this link to the State or Montana's web site, Silver Bow County election results or by contacting our office at (406)-497-6344 or email@example.com.
If you need to update your residency or mailing address, or are an inactive voter (did not vote in November 2018 or did not change your address prior to the November 202 election), use the Voter Registration Application form to update/reactivate;
If you would like to become an absentee voter, use the Absentee Voter Application; or
If you want to cancel your voter registration in Butte-Silver Bow, use the Cancellation Request.
General Election (November 2020) Schedule of Events:
|November 3||General Election|
|7:00 a.m. - 8:00 p.m.||In-person voting; Ballot replacement (Civic Center only regardless of precinct)||Civic Center, 1340 Harrison Ave.,|
|7:00 a.m. - 8:00 p.m.||Ballot Drop off||Civic Center, 1340 Harrison Ave or Courthouse, 155 W. Granite St.|
|8:00 am||Tabulation continues||Civic Center, 1340 Harrison Ave|
|Tabulation of Provisional ballots||Civic Center, 1340 Harrison Ave|
NOTE: Any person observing the procedures of the count must complete and sign an affirmation stating, "I, _____________, will not dicuss the results of the early counting of votes at any time prior to the closing of the polls on election day," and is subject to 13-35-241, MCA. All observers are expected to observe from the bleacher seating in the main arena only and respect social distancing rules. Political party observers must register with the election administrator or designee prior to participation.
Please contact voter registration/election administration with any other questions or concerns. Our phone number is 406-497-6433 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Links to Montana Campaign Regulations
- Montana Rules on Political Signs
- Campaign Finance & Practices for Candidates & Political Committees
- Montana Commissioner of Political Practices
Below are sample ballots for the November General Election
If you don’t know your precinct, legislative district, or commissioner, you can go to My Voter Page to get that information.
Call, email, or stop by our office to see if you are registered to vote or if you are still on the Absentee ballot list.
Click on this link and fill out the Absentee List Application, return it to the Clerk & Recorder’s Office and we will add you. You may apply to vote absentee through June 1 (Primary election) or November 2 (General election) at noon. After that time, you must vote at the polls on June 2/November 3, 7:00 a.m. through 8:00 p.m. (Butte and Ramsay precincts; Rocker, Divide, and Melrose precinct polls are open from noon to 8:00 p.m.).
You can use the Change Absentee Ballot Status form to receive an absentee ballot for a specific election, add or remove your name from the annual absentee ballot list, designate someone to pickup your ballot, or request a ballot due to a health emergency.
You can track when we mail your ballot and when we receive and process your ballot with the MVP application which you can download to your phone or computer. This application is available in the right hand column of this page or by going to sos.mt.gov.
My Voter Page (MVP) – There’s an app for that! (Android or Apple) If you would like to know your precinct, your voting status (active or inactive), the status of your absentee ballot, the last time you voted, download this app. Search “my Voter page Montana”. It is also available for your computer.
Montana Voter Forms
Where to Vote
- For primary (June) and general (November) elections, voters living in Rocker, Ramsay, Divide, or Melrose will vote in their respective city. Voters with questions or problems should contact the Clerk & Recorder’s office.
- In Butte, voting takes place at the Civic Center. Please contact the Clerk & Recorder’s office with questions or problems.
- Voters living outside of the city limits who are unsure what precinct they are in should check with the Clerk & Recorder’s Office to see where they should vote.
- For information on obtaining an absentee ballot or precinct information, please call 406-497-6342.
- Precincts 1 through 22 vote at the Butte Civic Center
- Precincts 19W, 26E and 26W vote in Rocker
- Precincts 27N and 27S vote in Ramsay
- Precinct 28 votes in Divide
- Precinct 29 votes in Melrose
- Civic Center and Ramsay polls open at 7 a.m. and close at 8 p.m.
- Rocker, Divide, and Melrose polls open at noon and close at 8 p.m.
2020 INFORMATION FOR CANDIDATES
Each candidate for office must affirm when filing that they meet (or will meet within constitutional and statutory deadlines) the qualifications prescribed by the Constitution and laws of the United States, the State of Montana, and if filing for a local seat, the Charter of Butte-Silver Bow.
Candidates should refer to the Commissioner of Political Practice for candidate financial reporting information and forms to ensure their name appears on the ballot. Candidates should note that ALL financial reporting is done online only, effective October 2019 (formerly forms C1, C1A, C3, C5, etc.).
- Map: Butte-Silver Bow County Commissioner Districts
- Map: Butte-Silver Bow Urban Commissioner Districts
- Map: Butte-Silver Bow Urban Voter Precincts
- Map: Butte-Silver Bow County Voter Precincts
- Map: Butte-Silver Bow Voter Precincts and Commissioner Districts
- Address Ranges for Voting Precincts and Commissioner Districts as of March 10, 2017