Active Duty Military Registration

If you are an Active Duty servicemember and you would like to use any fee exemptions that might available to you, you will need to provide our offices with an MV53, Application for Military Registrationdownload as pdf, signed both by you and an officer in your unit. 

You will be exempt from paying certain registration fees if you joined the military in Montana AND are stationed outside of the State


If you joined the military from another state but are currently on active duty orders, stationed in Montana. 

Every year, when you are due to renew, you will have to submit a new MV53, dated currently, with your renewal payment. Otherwise, if you are no longer active, we will remove the exemption and you will pay the regular registration fees.