- Council of Commissioners
Council of Commissioners
- District 1 - Shawn Fredrickson
- District 2 - Michele Shea
- District 3 - Hattie Thatcher
- District 4 - John Sorich
- District 5 - Justin Fortune
- District 6 - Jim Fisher @(Model.BulletStyle == CivicPlus.Entities.Modules.Layout.Enums.BulletStyle.Decimal ? "ol" : "ul")>
- District 7 - Josh O'Neill
- District 8 - John Riordan
- District 9 - Eric Mankins
- District 10 - Bill Andersen
- District 11 - Thomas Walker
- District 12 - Dan Callahan @(Model.BulletStyle == CivicPlus.Entities.Modules.Layout.Enums.BulletStyle.Decimal ? "ol" : "ul")>
How Citizens Can Submit Items for the Council of Commissioners’ Agenda
The public can submit an item for the Council’s agenda using one of the methods below:
- Send a letter (and any attachments) via email to: firstname.lastname@example.org;
- Send a letter through your Council person
If you are unsure who your Council Commissioner is, address your letter to: Council of Commissioners, 155 W. Granite St. Rm. 102, Butte, MT 59701; or
- Hand deliver a letter to either the Council Secretary (Room 102 of the Courthouse) or the Clerk and Recorder’s Office (Room 208 of the Courthouse).
In your letter, briefly describe the action you would like Council to take. Include your address (so we can determine who your commissioner is) and your daytime phone number (so we can contact you if we have questions). Don’t forget to sign your letter!
Items for the agenda are acted on during a Regular Meeting. A regular meeting happens the first and third Wednesday of each month. For your item to be on the agenda, we must receive your letter no later than 2:00 p.m. the Friday before the meeting (allow 4 business days when mailing through postal delivery).
If you have any questions, please contact the Council Secretary at 497-6219 or email email@example.com.
Agendas & Minutes
Agendas are available prior to the meetings. Minutes are available following approval.
Most Recent Agenda | View All Agendas and Minutes
Communications from January 2014 onward are linked in agendas and available through the website. To request copies of Council communications published prior to 2014, please submit a request via the Contact form.
Public Comment Online
The Council is currently accepting public comments through the Butte-Silver Bow website. In order for your comment to be entered in the official public record, you must submit using the Contact form and include your full name and valid local address.
View Council Meetings Online
Please visit the MEDIA & STREAMING page to find live videos of Council meetings. Click here!