As a new initiative, the Butte-Silver Bow Public Works Department is providing the community with a “weekly construction update”. This update is provided to all local news outlets in addition to being posted on the Butte-Silver Bow website (at the following link: http://co.silverbow.mt.us/764/Weekly-Public-Works-Update) and the Public Works Facebook page. The purpose of these updates is to keep the public apprised of the work Butte-Silver Bow is undertaking, but also to give notice to citizens regarding street closures, street sweeping and as much information as possible to minimize disruptions to our citizens’ normal daily. Butte-Silver Bow will also provide as much information as possible about additional projects in the community (MDT, NorthWestern Energy, other contractors). These updates will generally be available on the Butte-Silver Bow website on Friday afternoons, with local media to follow.
For questions, please contact the Butte-Silver Bow Public Works Department at (406) 497-6515 or (406) 497-6565.
Public Works Update for the week of July 25, 2016:
• Montana between Boardman and Center – Mill, prep for and pave – road will be closed as each section is worked on;
• Idaho between Montana and Missoula - mill prep for and pave, road will be closed as each section is worked on;
• Cobban - Chip sealing will begin Friday, July 22, will be closed until complete; and street painting (sharrows) from Lafayette to Kaw on the evening of Monday July 25.
• Texas Ave. from Cobban to Shields – Street painting (sharrows) work beginning on Monday July 25;
• Texas Ave, from Shields to Cobban; Cobban from Lafayette to Harrison; and Blacktail from Elizabeth Warren to 4 Mile Drive will be striped by MDT, beginning Friday, July 22
• Harrison Ave and Holms – Water Main Project, traffic will remain two lanes, project is in the second of three phases, with an anticipated completion date of August 19. All business are open and can be accessed
• Steel Street - Sewer Installation, Road Closed from Ophir to Mining Museum, anticipated to last through the first week of August;
• Aluminum Street – Sewer replacement, Road closed from Montana to Main