Don’t let your guard down when it comes to the safety of lighting fireworks. !!!CAUTION, CAUTION, CAUTION!!!!!!!!!!!
Fire Chief Brian Doherty and Assistant Chief/Fire Marshal Zach Osborne would like to remind you too always:
- Have a hose or bucket of water nearby and/or sand when lighting fireworks.
- To light fireworks on a clear flat area away from onlookers, houses, and flammable materials far from bushes or trees.
- Never allow young children to handle fireworks.
- Do not allow any running or horseplay while fireworks are being used.
- Light one device at a time.
- Maintain a safe distance after lighting.
- Never ignite devices in a container.
- Never try to re-light or handle malfunctioning fireworks.
- NEVER make your own fireworks.
- Please dowse your fireworks or let them cool before you discard them, so they do not start trash fires.
- Use common sense while lighting fireworks and be respectful of your neighbors.
- Please keep your children safe and DO NOT let them light fireworks.
- Always use fireworks in accordance with the manufacturer’s instructions, and never modify them or hold them in your hand.
OPEN BURNING IS CLOSED UNTIL FURTHER NOTICE WITHIN BUTTE SILVER BOW AND OUR SURROUNDING COUNTIES (MADISON, JEFFERSON & BEAVERHEAD) BURN PERMITS WILL NOT BE ALLOWED. NO STAGE RESTRICTIONS ARE IN EFFECT AT THIS TIME
With all of that said, the Butte-Silver Bow Fire Department would like to wish you a Happy & Safe 4th of July holiday.