The Butte Education Foundation has awarded six grants to Butte school district teachers totaling $7,800 in its Great Ideas Grants Program.
A list follow:
• A Trek Through History, $1,790: Chris Fisk and Ben Wlaysewski, Butte High history teachers will help students discover Butte history by developing their own digital Butte tours.
• iLearn, $848: Kate Vaughn and Jori Liva, Kennedy Elementary teachers, will allow special-needs students to be more independent with hands-on technology.
• Whittier Team Green Project, $979: Christine Donaldson, Whittier Elementary teacher, will reorganize the school’s recycling program.
• Bag O'Books, $2,000: Kathy Sharon, Cara Whitlock, Amie Badovinac, and Laurie Herlson, all Margaret Leary Elementary teachers, will conduct a reading incentive program with an Irish theme for second and third graders to start home libraries.
• Discovery Science, $681: Mary Spangler, Kennedy teacher, will lead fifth graders through science experiments
• Help Me Learn to Learn: Creating An Autism Classroom, $1,500: Trish Peters, Kristine Kuntz, Mark Tallon, Katie Hunter and Annie Ellingwood, all Whittier teachers, will implement to help classroom teachers guide students in managing communication and behavioral challenges.