The fourth annual Butte Arts Symposium kicks off at 6:30 p.m. Friday, Jan. 23, at the Imagine Butte Resource Center, 68 W. Park St., in Uptown Butte. Presentations begin at 7 p.m.
The event is free, but donations to the center’s Community Arts Programming Fund are welcome.
This year’s program includes:
- Michael Kujawa: Empty Bowls -- An overview of Butte’s artist-led fundraiser for the Butte Emergency Food Bank's Backpack Program.
- Meagan Thompson: Montana Artpreneur Program -- New opportunities for artists to build a business in the arts.
- Marian Mays: Libraries and the Arts -- A discussion of the importance of arts programming in libraries today.
- Michelle Anderson: Clay, Primer, and Touching People's Faces: A Year in Review -- Anderson will outline a personal journey in finding purpose through public service.
- Leigh-Ann Whitworth: Revolution Presents: Revolve Runway Hair & Fashion Show -- A preview of Butte’s annual hair and fashion show.
- Cassie Wick and Julia Crain: The League of Awesome Possibilities: The Butte Idea Exchange.
- Clark Grant: Everything in Music: Len Waters and 116 Years of Music on North Main.
- Dave Hutchins and Olivia Everett: The Eye Land Institute: A discussion of creative fieldwork methodologies.
- Dark Sevier: Buttetropolis: Art, Education, Community -- Make it fun and things get done.
Details: http://www.butteartssymposium.wordpress.com/ or call Olivia Everett at 503-956-0717.